EF death caused by drugs, including horse tranquilizer.

September 16, 2016
Sherwood Forest at Electric Forest Festival.

Sherwood Forest at Electric Forest Festival.

#OceanaCountyNews #ElectricForestFestival2016

GRANT TOWNSHIP – A 22-year-old Lansing man who died at the end of the five-day Electric Forest Festival at the Double JJ Resort had taken a fatal cocktail of drugs, including the horse tranquilizer ketamine.

Michael John Stephenson was found in the midst of a medical emergency as festival goers were exiting the grounds the morning of June 27. Recently-released toxicology results indicate his death was caused by a drug overdose, said Michigan State Police Sgt. Scott Rios of the Hart post.

Stephenson died of “acute cocaine, methamphetamine and ketamine toxicity,” Rios said.

Just a week before Stephenson’s death, a drug-related death that involved the use of ketamine occurred nearby during a different festival.

Recently-released toxicology results of the 28-year-old Southfield, Michigan man whose body was recovered from Lucky Lake following the Lakes of Fire festival at the Lucky Lake Campground indicated that he also had also ingested several drugs prior to his death, according to Oceana County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Craig Mast.

Matthew Vo died from asphyxia caused by an accidental drowning, and several substances he ingested contributed to his death. Cocaine, alcohol, marijuana and ketamine were found in his system, Mast said.

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Subscribe to OCP via email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 12,773 other subscribers