Drugs confirmed as cause of Electric Forest death

October 10, 2014

EFROTHBURY – The 20-year-old Caledonia man who died at the Electric Forest Festival last summer experienced “poisoning by ingestion” of drugs, authorities confirmed.

The death of volunteer worker Brian Alan Brockette was investigated by the Hart post of the Michigan State Police. He was found “distressed” in the Sherwood Forest area around 11:15 p.m. the final night of the huge four-day music festival.

The official report from the Oceana County Medical Examiner’s Office, which conducted the autopsy, indicates that the cause of death is “acute methylnedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) toxicity,” and the manner of death as an “accident,” according to mlive. MDMA is also known as ecstasy or molly.

Brockette was working as a volunteer for an outside vendor when he suffered a medical emergency just after 11 p.m. June 29, according to an MSP press release issued the following day.

 

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Subscribe to OCP via email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 12,766 other subscribers