Fire damages Walkerville area body shop.

March 11, 2021

Fire damages Walkerville area body shop.

LEAVITT TOWNSHIP — Fire damaged Leo’s Body Shop, 3959 N. 166th Ave., Wednesday, March 10. Walkerville Fire Department Chief Al Purdy said the fire started from a wood stove. He said he believes high wind gusts caused coals from the wood stove to spread outside of the stove, catching the building on fire. Walkerville Fire Department, Crystal Valley Fire Department, and Hart Fire Department spent over five hours battling the blaze. On Thursday morning, Walkerville Fire Department was called back to the scene for a re-ignition.

Please consider helping to fund local news. Mason County Press and Oceana County Press are available for free thanks to the generous support of our advertisers and individuals who support our service. Click on the PayPal donation button located on the top right of our website. 

This story is copyrighted © 2021, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.

As the services of Media Group 31, LLC are news services, the information posted within the sites are archivable for public record and historical posterity. For this reason it is the policy and practice of this company to not delete postings. It is the editor’s discretion to update or edit a story when/if new information becomes available. This may be done by editing the posted story or posting a new “follow-up” story. Media Group 31, LLC or any of its agents have the right to make any changes to this policy. Refer to Use Policy for more information.

  

 

Help Fund Local News

Please consider helping us keep local news active by sending a PayPal payment.

Subscribe to OCP via email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 12,762 other subscribers