Sergeant’s quick actions save tavern from fire.

August 8, 2019

Sgt. Bosley

Sergeant’s quick actions save tavern from fire.

#OceanaCountyNews

By Allison Scarbrough, Editor.

CRYSTAL TOWNSHIP – Sgt. Scott Bosley of the Oceana County Sheriff’s Office was in the right place at the right time, and his quick actions saved the Crystal Valley Pour House (formerly the Crystal Valley Tavern) from a grease fire in the kitchen Monday night, Aug. 5, said Oceana County Sheriff Craig Mast.

“Our sergeant was in the area,” said Mast, and he used his fire extinguisher to put out the blaze.

The call was dispatched around 9 p.m. Monday to the business located at 7203 116th Ave., east of Hart.

Bosley was the first to respond and grabbed the fire extinguisher from his patrol car. Upon arrival, flames were “shooting up” inside the kitchen, Mast said.

Bosley’s quick thinking saved the tavern from major damages. “There was just minimal damage,” Sheriff Mast said.

The Crystal Township Fire Department also responded to the scene, and Walkerville Fire Department and Life EMS were dispatched but then told to disregard. Firefighters were on scene for approximately a half hour before clearing the scene, according to dispatch information.

No one was injured.

Crystal Valley Pour House Owner George Sadler had no comment about the fire.

This story is copyrighted © 2019, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.

Area Churches

Subscribe to OCP via email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 12,776 other subscribers